Approved List of Countries:
According to section 28 of the Road Transport Act 1987, the holder of a foreign country's driving license can drive in Malaysia as long as the domestic driving license is valid and is in the translation of English. Hence, tourists can use their country's license for 90 days. This situation also relies on the applicants' nationality and their country's status with the Malaysian government. In addition, driving privileges from the nations stated below are identified and can be used for driving in Malaysia, subject to regulations under the Road Transport Act 1987. Nevertheless, individuals who would like to stay in Malaysia for more than 90 days for different reasons, such as working or pursuing their studies, must get their Malaysian driving license, which can be attained by attending the courses and examinations prescribed by Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ). NEXX Car Rental highly recommends that international customers apply for an international driving permit and carry it on Malaysian roads to avoid complications.
Driving in Malaysia:
(1) If the renter continually speeds above the set speed limit of 120KM with the rental car, we are authorised to forfeit the total security deposit amount, if necessary. Upon returning the rental car, we may request the renter to pay an additional security deposit fee through one of the payment options.
Please do not drive at high speed in a rental vehicle as it will cause you to get a speeding ticket, damage the internal component, and wear and tear on the car. Please obey the driving speed limit law implemented by the Malaysian Road and Transport Ministry.
Fuel Usage Policy
The customer is responsible for returning the car with the same amount of fuel as when it was rented. We will charge the customer an additional fee if this policy is not followed.
2. Refueling Service
Customers can request a full petrol refill, starting from RM60.00, depending on fuel type and car model. Customers are allowed to return the car at any level without extra charges. Customers can select this add-
3. Fuel Type
Exotic: RON97 or RON100
Car Rental Insurance Add-
(2) Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) & Loss Damage Waiver (LDW)
+ RM20 per day
Reduced excess amount: RM1,500.00
+ RM50 per day
Reduced excess amount: RM3,000.00
+ RM100 per day
Reduced excess amount: RM7,000.00
(3) Accident Claims (steps):
(4) Insurance will not cover the following events:
• where a police report is not lodged within 24 hours from the time of the accident
• the Renter is in breach of the terms and conditions of the vehicle rental agreement
• items or accessories missing from and/or in the vehicle
• any damage claims caused by drunk and/or drug intoxicated drivers
• any damage to the tyres, which are not attributable to normal wear and tear
• damage to the undercarriage and/or underbody damage that is not attributable to a collision with another vehicle
• any damage to the vehicle caused by a flood, fire, landslide, or riot
• where the vehicle has been driven outside the set geographical location.
• where the loss, damage, or theft is caused intentionally, or due to gross negligence of the Renter or an authorised driver.
• In the event of a total loss or theft of the vehicle, the Renter has an option to continue with an existing vehicle (the existing vehicle can be of any age) as a replacement for the vehicle, charged at the same rate, or terminate the existing contract.
Vehicle accident insurance coverage is only available and claimable for damages that exceed the renter’s excess amount.
(A) Renter’s Non-
We are authorised to charge the renter no more than the amount stated below, regardless of whether the renter is at fault. The renter will only pay for the excess amount rather than the total accident repair cost, and the excess is for the vehicle’s restoration downtime in the workshop.
Standard Excess Liability Amount:
Renters can reduce the excess by opting for extra CDW/LDW protection. Please refer to the ‘Car Rental Insurance Add-
What if the repair cost is lower than the renter’s excess amount? e.g., scratches, etc.
Renters will be responsible for the repair cost. Please refer to the ‘Car Rental Insurance Add-
Accidents & Repairs Policy
Whether it is self or third-
(1) Rough Estimation of Repair Cost:
(below excess amount):
The renter is responsible for all costs of repair from any collision or damage done to the rental car stated in the contract.
• Head light/Tail light: RM500 -
• Windows/Side Mirror: RM500 -
• Stone Chips: RM200 -
• Per Dent: RM250 -
• Per Scratch (Deep): RM250 -
• Per Tyre/Rim: RM200 -
• Seat/Dashboard/Interior: RM200 -
• Smoke Odour: RM200.00 PENALTY
The above cost does not include the car's downtime in the car workshop, and replacement parts must be new and original. The damage repair cost varies depending on the car type and model. (Economy -
Security Deposit Amount:
Cancel on public holidays/EARLY RETURNS/LAST MINUTE:
Cancellations done 14 days before rental date shall be refunded in full total amount.
Cancellations done within 14 days rental date: 50% refundable
First come, first serve policy. Full payment is required to lock the rental car and dates in . A payment link is sent via Whatsapp when you confirm the rental car, price, and terms.
International customers are required to pay only by credit card.
Rental Extending Policy
Renters must inform us 2 to 3 days in advance, and all payments must be settled before the commencement of the extended period.
Only the person stated in the contract can drive the rental car, and renters are not allowed to let anyone use the rental car without the company’s consent and authorization.
WARRANTIES FROM YOU:
Speed Limit Policy
We do not cap any rental cars at any specific speed limit. But we highly appreciate drivers who follow our 'below 120KM' driving speed limit rule, and your deposits will be refunded quicker than usual too! Read more…
3 days & above rental: Unlimited Mileage (for economy, premium & some luxury cars)
Surcharge after exceeding mileage cap:
Renters are NOT ALLOWED to take the rental car outside Malaysia, e.g., Thailand, Singapore, or locations prohibited by and without the company's consent. Contact us
Prices of all vehicle stated in this website is final and non-
Expired license, fake or lack of documents, suspicious behaviour, criminal records, etc.
Malaysian & Permanent Resident:
Credit card customers are not required to submit business cards or utility bills.
Pictures shown on this page are for illustration and marketing purposes only.
E N | B M
© 2023 NEXX Car Rental Company (003318517-
Enable your smartphone camera and scan the QR code to make a reservation!
NEXX CAR RENTAL COMPANY
NEXX Car Rental, Sri Hartamas (Parking)
63, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia -
NEXX Car Rental, Jalan Ipoh (Parking)
726, Off Jalan Ipoh Batu 4 1/2, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia -
NEXX Car Rental, Ampang (Office)
38, Jalan AWF 3, Ampang Waterfront, 68000 Selangor -
Saturday: 09:00 -
Sunday/Public Holiday: Closed